How is God present in time? How does God’s intervention into history transform the meaning and purpose of time?
Students will understand the way in which all time is transformed in the paschal mystery and how that transformation is celebrated ritually in an annual cycle.
Students will learn the role of “Sunday” in the liturgical year and how the entire liturgical year is “remembered” in each Sunday celebration.
(after the class has been completed)
- What do you celebrate this time of year in your home or with your family? Why is the celebration important?
- Think about two or three annual traditions you have. Why do you do these things year in and year out? In what ways has the meaning of these traditions changed over time?
Read (in preparation for Nov. 8)
- Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy 19, 34, 35.3
- General Instruction of the Roman Missal, 31, 105 b
- Rite of Christian Initiation of Adults, 75, 244-247
- Fulfilled in Your Hearing, 64-67
- “Using Liturgical Catechesis”
- “Fasten Your Seatbelts”
- Optional: “Mystagogy My Mother Could Do”