How is the Eucharist a response to Word? Where did the Eucharistic Prayer come from? What does it mean? What does it do?
Students will learn the basic structure of the Eucharistic Prayer and the differences between the prayers in the sacramentary.
Students will learn how to select a preface and a Eucharistic Prayer for the appropriate season or feast.
(after the class has been completed)
- Prayerfully read the four primary Eucharistic Prayers, and journal on their similarities and differences.
- Find out what Preface is being used in your parish this Sunday, and journal on its meaning.
- Download this form and evaluate the Communion Rite in your parish. Offer some comments in the online forum.
Read (to prepare for Nov. 1)
- Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy, 102-111
- Lectionary for Mass: Introduction, 93-100
- Universal Norms on the Liturgical Year and the General Roman Calendar 1-47
- Built of Living Stones 122-129
- Diocesan directive on removing holy water from fonts during Lent