How does liturgy catechize? How does the way we worship “teach” the mystery of Christ?
Students will discover how mystagogical reflection permeates all our liturgical and catechetical practices.
Students will learn the methodology for integrating liturgy and catechesis.
(after the class has been completed)
- Recall the last liturgy you celebrated that was truly memorable.
- What one thing struck you as powerful or moving?
- How did that one thing make you feel?
- When you recall that one thing, what did you learn about your faith?
- How will you live differently because of the celebration?
Read (in preparation for Nov. 15)
- Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy, 1-2, 37-40
- Rites of Justice, Chapter 11
Bring to next class
Bring a Bible with you to the next class, or download the handout provided on the page for the next class.
If you have the fifth edition, read:
The Liturgy Documents, p. xvi-xxi
If you do not have the fifth edition, read these files:
The Liturgy Documents, Introduction 1
The Liturgy Documents, Introduction 2
The Liturgy Documents, Introduction 3
The Liturgy Documents, Introduction 4
The Liturgy Documents, Introduction 5
The Liturgy Documents, Introduction 6